Square 2 completed!

Not a Drop to Drink - Mindy McGinnis

Bon Om Touk: The Cambodian Water Festival Bon Om Touk is celebrated in early November and commemorates the end of the country's rainy season, as well as the annual reversal of the flow of the Tonle Sap River, the central part of a hydrological system in the Lower Mekong Basin which the Mekong River replenishes with water and sediments annually. The Water Festival was first celebrated in the 12th century, around the time of Angkorian King Jayavarman VII, when the King’s Navy helped usher in the Cambodian fishing season. The festivities made the gods happy and secured good harvests of rice and fish in the upcoming year. Another interpretation is that Bon Om Touk was a way for the King to prepare his navy for battle. -- The biggest celebrations take place in Phnom Penh, lasting night and day for three days, with boat racing along the Sisowath Quay and concerts..

Book themes for Bon Om Touk: Read a book that takes place on the sea, near the sea, or on a lake or a river, or read a book that has water on the cover: Not A Drop To Drink: I thought it was kind of ironic to choose this book... But it has water on the cover!

Tasks for Bon Om Touk: my favorite vacation on the sea is in Spain (Catalonia) where I spent one or two weeks each year with my family (since I'm a child). But I'll post a picture about my most recent one, which was in Miami Beach. It's really special for me because it was the first time I went to the United States (the first time I left Europe actually) and I had an amazing time there even if it was really really short (we arrived on Saturday afternoon and left on Tuesday morning.. I know 10hours of flight for less than four days, but it was worth it!). My sister is a fying attendant and I got to spent time in Florida thanks to her job. We also visited Universal Studio and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, so it was amazing (can you imagine i've been to Middle Earth and Hogwarts in the same year?!)

(Yayyyy, thank you Murder By Death!)