#49 - The Upside of Unrequited

The Upside of Unrequited - Becky Albertalli

Another important book, with a strong and beautiful message. The storyline was really simple, no big drama (well, teenager drama) and not a lot of action, it was just a story about the life on an ordinary girl, who has a not so ordinary family. Molly has two moms, one twin sister and one baby brother, who people claimed is not really her brother because they don't share a mom, just a donor dad. Molly also thinks people would not say he is not her brother, if he was white like her. You see: many diversity in this book. And It was so great to read about this family, who is not conventional, but is so great. This is not a conventional family because it does not enter the mold of what most people think a family represents. But for me, it is the most typical family there is because it is full of love, and it's what a family should be.

Molly is also your typical teenage girl: she does not seem to lover her body really much, she thinks she is weird because she has not kissed a boy yet and she has issues with her sister. She is struggling to find herself and she is asserting herself more and more every day. She is such a lovable character!

This was a cute book with a strong message. For me, the most important thing in this book was that love is what matters the most. I definitely recommend it!