#20 - Days of Blood and Starlight

Days of Blood & Starlight - Laini Taylor

Days of Blood and Starlight is the second book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. This book has all the ingredients needed for me to love it: impossible love between two enemies, badass female characters (can’t seem to get tired of that) and good against evil where the good is not that good and the evil can also be good. I always love this concept.

In this book, you get to know more chimaeras and their ways of life. But you also meet more seraphim and you see how they live as well. That was great to have an insight on both people. You also get to see more of your favourite humans… Just saying!

This book was a bit darker than the first one; some things were indeed hard to read and gave me the chill. Karou, our strong female protagonist, has some vulnerability and can also experience some real troubles like any other girl. I think that was really clever, even if it was a hard moment (if you’ve read it, I guess you can see what I’m talking about).

The plot, the world building, the characters were great. The best thing about this book though is the writing. I love how the author managed to write in different styles while it seems so fluid and natural. I absolutely adored it!

I already have the next book in the trilogy and I can’t wait to read it (probably next month!)