Reading Habits

Well, I might as well do it :D !

1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?

Most of the time, I read in my bed before going to sleep. But I also read on the couch, in the bathtub or while eating.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Both. I love collecting bookmarks and I have a huge stacks on my nightstand, but I often forget those in books and when I start a new one, I don't always have a bookmark at hand (but I always have receipts everywhere.

3. Can you  just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?

I usually stop at the end of a chapter, but when I'm in the bus, I have to stop reading when I reach my stop (obviously). It also happens when I fall asleep..

4. Do you eat or drink while read?

I often drink tea. I also read during breakfast so whatever I'm having then.

5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?

I can read while someone is watching TV or playing a game or making loud noises. But if the TV is on and that I want to read, I will focus on the book. Sometimes I listen to music, but I often get carried away by the song and stop reading, so I don' t do it often.

6. One book at a time or several at once?

It depends, but I can do both. I often read a physical book as well as an e-book. When I read big or difficult books, I always read smaller ones at the same time.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

Absolutely everywhere. Mostly in the bus. But also in the car, in the queue, in the bathroom while brushing my teeth, in the kitchen when something is taking a long time to cook...

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Silently in my head. But sometimes when a character has a funny accent I try to do it out loud (always a big epic fail).

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

I don't skip pages (I used to do it when I had to read boring books for university) but sometimes I'm too eager and I read some lines ahead (I can't control it, I'm spoiling myself! That's why I'm bad with comics, I always look at the bottom of the page)

10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new?

I try to keep my books as new as possible. But my Game of Thrones copies for example are all destroyed cause I used to take them everhywere.

11. Do you write in your books?

I used to do that for my litterature course at university (you should see my copy of To Kill a Mockinbird, really). But most of the time I put sticky notes or underline a sentence with a pencil. I don't do it often though.

Thanks for reading,