The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

The Rest of Us Just Live Here - Patrick Ness

Goodreads

Read from November 10 to November 14.

3/5 stars

This book had been on my TBR shelf for a really long time, and I decided to pick it up last week. It was also my first Patrick Ness book. It was refreshing, something a bit different than what I'm used to reading.

Although the idea behind this book was really good (if you don't know about it, it is basically the story of the "other peole", the ordinary teenagers, not the "Chosen One" or the ones that are supposed to save the world = bascially every main character in YA books), I found that I did not like it as much as I thought I would. It was great, it was funny and emotional, but it did not blow my mind.

The book follows the story of ordinary teenagers, and at the same time, the story of the "Indie kids", the ones always involved in story about gods, ghosts and vampires. Their story is a secondary plot line, you just find a little bit of what's happening to them at the beginning of each chapter. I found it really interesting and hilarious. As you go deeper into the book, you discover that the "ordinary" teenagers are not that ordinary and have kind of powers and problems of their own. It's what I did not like about the book, It was not what I was expected. I thought the point was to show ordinary teenagers and I was kind of disappointed about it. I needed the characters to be just like me, like ordinary people but it was not always the case.

Anyway, the book was still really interesting and funny! I guess I should read more books by Patrick Ness because everybody is saying how great he is! Any recommandations?