The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (Book Four)

City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare

Ok, when I started re-reading The Mortal Instruments (just after reading The Infernal Devices for the first time), I had in mind to do a series review, book by book, with very detailed posts. I guess I forgot or could not find the motivation to do it. Anyway, here are some thoughts about book four:

Just like the first time I read it, it is definitely not my favourite one in the series. The plot is really slow, not a lot happened in the first part of the book. But the end is way more interesting and I liked the whole business with Lilith.

Simon makes me sad, he still has trouble being a vampire and he feels like Shadowhunters do not like him because he is a downloarder. And everybody wants him at his side. He also has some issues with his mom about the fact that he is a vampire. And don't forget the Maureen incident.. poor guy.

Clary and Jace are still not my favourite persons. They can be really annoying sometimes, especially Jace.

Alec is too cheesy in this one with the Magnus thing. But I like the fact that we get to know him more deeply

Izzy is still one of my favourites. She is really rational, sincere and fierce. I love the way she thinks and tell fact that she does not hide her thoughts.

This book was slower than the other ones but it was still really enjoyable. I am looking forward to re reading the rest of the series!