A Song of Ice and Fire Project: Reading progress update: I've read 48 out of 807 pages.

A Game of Thrones  - George R.R. Martin

I decided to re-read this series, really slowly to have time to understand everything and remember all the tiny details I forgot. I haven't done any planning yet but I hope it will keep me busy untill Season 7 of the TV show.

Prologue -> p.48 (Bran, Catelyn, Daenerys, Eddard)

The prologue was amazing. I remembered it very well from the TV show and it is accurate. I think it's a really good introduction to the book.

I forgot how young Bran was, he is only 7 (does he look 7 to you in the TV show?). He introduces us to his brothers Robb and Jon. It's difficult to read it knowing what's going to happen and who Jon really is and things like that. But it's also really interesting.

We only get a glimpse of Catelyn and how worried she is about Winter. We also get to know her, where she comes from and what she believes in (the seven gods whereas Eddard believes in the Old gods). I love how these informations are introduced without slowing the reading progress, it's really smooth.

And then comes Viserys... He's an ass. It's something the TV show did really well, I hate him. Dany is really young and she has no choice but to do what her brother wants her to do, which is marry Khal Drogo. She seems a bit scared but she already has some strength in her but she does not know it yet.

Robert and his happy family comes to Winterfell and makes interesting propositions to Eddard (being Hand of the King, coming to King's Landing, marry Sansa to Joffrey...). Interesting but we know it's really not a good idea. I'm screaming "say NO!! For you sake Ned, don't do it". I want to cry.

This was the introduction to the first book and the beginning of my project. I don't know yet how I'm going to do that. I divided the book (40/50 pages at a time) and I have to read a part every day. Should I write a review everyday? Or write some thoughts then post it after a few "parts"? I really don't know how to do that, any ideas?

Thanks for reading,