UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn

UnEnchanted - Chanda Hahn

Goodreads:

Mina Grime is unlucky, unpopular and uncoordinated; until she saves her crush's life on a field trip, changing her High School status from loser to hero overnight. But with her new found fame brings misfortune in the form of an old family curse come to light. For Mina is descended from the Brothers Grimm and has inherited all of their unfinished fairy tale business. Which includes trying to outwit a powerful Story from making her it's next fairytale victim.

To break the fairy tale curse on her family and make these deadly occurrences stop, Mina must finish the tales until the very Grimm end.

My thoughts:

It was a really pleasant read, but a bit too slow for my taste. I would have prefered the action to be a little faster, however, the plot was interesting, original and not that predictable. I could not really relate to the characters, we did not get to learn to know them really well. I'm intrigued about the end of the story though and I will continue on the series. Overall, it was enjoyable, the writing was simple but easy to follow. (The Kindle edition is free on Amazon).