I can't count the times that upon telling someone I am a vegetarian, he or she responded by pointing out an inconsistency in my lifestyle or trying to find a flaw in an argument I never made.

Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer

Seriously, this happens to me ALL the time. I feel like people don't want to understand (but most of the time, they are the one asking me why I'm vegetarian). I'm not the kind of person who moralizes people, I'm not trying to tell them what to do. I'm just explaining my choices and I'm really passionate about it. If you want to learn more about the way animals are treated in the meat industry, this is a must read. It's not moralizing at all, the author is just trying to expose some facts and not telling you what to do. It is really interesting and even if it refers to the USA (where the laws are really different from Europe, not that European laws are good for animals), it's breaking my heart to know that things like that happen everyday.

If you feel like talking about this subjet, do no hesitate. I'm really open about it and I want to know what you guys think about it.