This week's topic is: characters I'm most like.
I struggle a lot with this topic, it's kind of a difficult thing to evaluate yourself and try to understand your characteristics and stuff like that. Anyway, here are the ones I chose:
- Emily from Since You've been gone by Morgan Matson: What makes me think I'm like her, is the fact that she lives in her best friend's shadow. I used to be like that and to "hide" behind other people, to rely on other's people a lot. But the book also shows her growing up and evolving and that's also what happened to me. I really like how she started to maker her own choices and see the world differently.
- Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin: I've felt a connection with Arya since I started reading this series. She has never find her place and she does not want to be what others think she should be. I've never felt like you have to obey certain rules, dress in a certain way or like some specific things because you are male/female, it always annoyed me. She makes her own choices (but I'm not as brave as she is!)
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman:the comparison is obvious, we share the same name. But that's not why I chose her. I've read this book as a child and it was one of my favourite books. Like Coraline, I liked adventures as a kid and I was really curious. I was always playing in the garden even if it was cold and rainy and I wanted to discover new things. I liked to think I was Ash Ketchum and I was walking around with a cap, a backpack and some pokeballs. The dream of every kid born in the 90's I guess.
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: we share the same passion for books and school. I've always loved school and learning new things. Except, I'm not as smart as she is and I don't like to share my knowledge with other people. Obvious choice, but I really did not know who to choose.
- Simon Lewis from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare: I chose him for his nerd side. Also, I used to be in a band with a really stupid name, like Simon’s. Also, he seems like a coward at the beginning (just like me) but he is someone who will always stand up for his friends, and I’m just like that with my family and friends. (I chose TV show Simon because he reminds me a lot more of Simon from the books, even if I absolutely love Robert Sheehan, just not as Simon!)
What characters are you most like?
Thanks for reading,