Top 5 Wednesday: Favourite mothers/ maternal figures

I haven't done it in a while, I'll try to do it on a regular basis, because it is so much fun!

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey and was handed over to Samantha from Thoughts on Tome. Here is the Goodreads group for T5W.

The topic this week is: favourite mothers/maternal figures and here are the ones I chose:

5. Natalie Prior from Divergent: I think she had to make difficult choices and she chose for her children, not for herself. She had to make sacrifices and she is not selfish, that is what makes her a good mom.

4. Cersei Lanister from A song of Ice and Fire: She is a bitch, I think we all agree with that. But her love for her children makes her vulnerable and shows us that deep down she may have a heart. I really love that side of her and it’s an example of what makes George Martin such a great writer, the multiple sides of his characters. They are not just good or bad, they can all be both and that’s something I really enjoy.

3. Alana from Saga: she is a bit messed up but it also shows that being a mom is not always easy (especially when you are a fugitive!) She loves her child and she is doing her best, even if her choices can sometimes seem really wrong. Plus, she is a badass.

2. Miss Peregrine from Miss Peregrine’s peculiar children: she is not a mother but she definitely cares for a lot of children. She really loves them and she is trying to give them a better life. I really like her love for these children and what she sacrifices for them. (I chose a picture for the movie to come, because I'm so happy Eva Green was cast as Miss Peregrine, I love this actress, even if Miss Peregrine is supposed to look a bit older than that)

1. Molly Weasley from Harry Potter: She is the first one I think about. Molly is such a great mom and she’ll do anything for her children. She also cares a lot for Harry, as if he was her own son, and even for Hermione. She is always trying to do what’s best for them and to protect them and she fights for them as best as she chould. She also is a great witch.

Who is your favourite mother/maternal figure?

Thanks for reading,