The Space Between by Michelle L. Teichman

The Space Between - Michelle L. Teichman

I got a copy of this book in exchange of a honest review through Netgalley. Thanks for the opportunity!

Ok, so it's not the kind of books I'm used to reading. I definitely enjoyed the story, it was a strong topic that I feel is not explored a lot in YA, but maybe I just don't know about it. Anyway, I think it was really well done. I could totally understand the characters, even if it was a bit cliché (a popular girl and an artist who does not have any friend and who is bullied at school), the feelings felt so real. The story as well, I mean, those kids are up to no good, getting drunk, smoking and hooking up with anybody, but I guess that is the kind of lives most teenagers are living now, I liked how this was honestly shown.
This is a coming of age story, teenagers trying to understand who they are and what they want. It was cute and really sad as well.
A lot of important themes are dealt with in this book: religion, love, cheating, alcohol, bullying... but not in a moralistic way and I liked that.
My problem was the Epilogue, I felt it was unnecessary, I would have liked the book to have an open ending. But that's my problem, I don't really like happy ending.
I highly recommend it!