Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi

#3 Shatter Me

I am utterly speechless. When I started this series, I was not fond of the plot or the characters, I was a bit confused and I did not like it that much. Still, I wanted to continue on. The second book was way better. And this one was absolutely amazing.

First of all, I think we all agree to say that this cover is stunning. There are so many things to say about this book. Kenji is still so funny and so cool. Juliette begins to be more interesting, she finally start to understand what she wants and that is a good thing. Sometimes I forget that these characters are so young and this is so normal for them to doubt about who they are and what they believe in. They are only teenagers. Even if the world they live in makes them grow up way faster than they should. It's another great thing about this book, it is so realistic (if you don't pay attention to the fact that some of them are like supeheroes and can turn invisible or break walls). We got to see a new side of Adam and I liked that. And then there is Warner. It's amazing how I ended book two thinking he was a complete jackass. And then, this absolutely great author managed to make you like him, to make him seem vulnerable when you don't expect it. Well done!

Tahereh Mafi's writing still amazes me and I absolutely love the way she writes. I wanted to mark quotes from the book, I started to stick a few Post-it on pages, then I realized it was impossible because there were so many quotes worth remembering. I got shivers while reading this book, I felt sad, happy, hopeful, scared, annoyed, envious... This is when you see that a book was really well done. Not because it has won prizes. Not because many people have read it. But because it made you feel something. And this book definetely made me feel a lot of different things. Thank you for that!

(again, it's just a bunch of stuff I needed to say. I really should start to structure my reviews)

March Take Control of your TBR Pile - Book 6