The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum

# 1 Oz

I'm so glad I finally took the time to read this book, it is very short and a very beautiful story. I knew all about it, I've seen the movie and well, everybody knows about the Wizard of Oz. I really enjoyed the writing style of the author and the way people used to write before. It is so unusual today, but it is so interesting to read such an old book. I really should take the time to read classics more often because I really like to learn about other times. This one is for children so it was easy and fast-paced. What I really enjoyed in this book were the characters. The Scarecrow is actually aware of the fact that he is a scarecrow, that he has not brains, that he does not need to eat and sleep like other people do. It is the kind of things we do not find often in children books, where animals are often talking or behaving like human beings. There is of course the great chiasm between good and evil, except maybe the Wizard of Oz who is nor good nor evil. Another thing I liked about this book was the moral of the story. It is after all a book for children and it taught them something important. This book is about friendship, courage and about the fact that if you truly wish something, in a way or another, you'll get it. I really recommend this book if you like this kind of children story, it was funny and really enjoyable!

March Take Control of your TBR Pile - Book 1 !