Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare

#1 The Infernal Devices

Goodreads

4/5 stars

I read the Mortal Instruments series a bit less than two years ago. I quite liked City of Bones, then I struggled with the other books but I enjoyed City of Heavenly Fire. Everybody was saying than The Infernal Devices was so much better, and at first I did not want to pick it up. Then the TV show started and I wanted to learn more about the world of Shadowhunters, so I picked it up. And people were right, it IS so much better!

I liked the fact that it takes place in 1878 in London, it is a really interesting period of time and it was nice to see how some female Shadowhunters struggle with wearing pants and being a fighter. So cool!

The characters are really interesting and intriguing. Jem is amazing, I already like him a lot. I still have to make up my mind about Will, but I guess it's the whole point of the book. Tessa is a strong woman and I like how she is always offended at first with little things. What was really cool is that we got to see some characters from The Mortal Instruments, like Magnus Bane and Camille Belcourt!

The plot was interesting and not too obvious, many things surprised me.

I really enjoy reading this book and I'm excited to discover the end of the series!

Thanks for reading,