Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo

The Grisha #2

Alina is a great character, she is so different from other YA female protagonists. She is a young girl and we can see that from time to time, but most of the time she is really mature and makes good decisions. She does not let her feeling chose for her (most of the time at least). And I really liked that.

Mal was getting on my nerves in this book, but I think it was intended. He is not really likable and you begin to think that maybe you don't want him to end up with Alina.. (Am I the only one?! I can't be).

The Darkling is still creepy and mysterious. But there also are new characters that I liked a lot!

The middle of the book was boring. That's why I only gave 3 stars. I could not read very fast because I did not really care, it was way too slow. But then, when you don't expect it, actions finally happened! And it was really well done.

We all know that the second book in a trilogy is often meh and it was the case here. But I still want to know what's going to happen next.

Well, these are some of my thoughts about this book. It's really a lot of feelings put together but I don't want to reveal spoilers for the ones who have not read the first book yet and it was difficult ! I'm going to read the last book of the trilogy next week and I'm excited to know how this will end!

I'm now ready to start #TBRTakedown in about 3 hours! (I have an exam tomorrow so I won't read really late, but I want to wait until midnight just to read a few pages :) )

I hope you had a great week end and that you are ready to go back to work/school or whatever you're doing during the week (seriously, who is ready for that?)

Thanks for reading,