Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

Hollow City - Ransom Riggs

Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #2

The Peculiar children have escaped their island with their headmistress, Miss Peregrine, who is badly hurt and need the help of another ymbryne. They are off to London, in 1940, in the midst of the Second World War.

Hollow city is the second book in the trilogy, and it was a really good one. Most of the time the second books are not that good because they tend to be slow, the characters often catch their breath before the big finale! But Hollow City was not one of those. This book was full of action and was really unexpected. I love the peculiar children, they are so sweet, you just want them to be safe. You do not get to know them too deeply but you kind of understand how they behave and what they think. You cannot not like their sense of solidarity and their deep love for their headmistress.
Like in the first one, the concept of the pictures is really amazing. The author used weird vintage pictures and made up a story with them, it really adds something to the novel.

I can't wait to know how this unique story is going to end (I am already reading Library of Souls), it is getting weirder and weirder and I love that.