Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch

Ice Like Fire - Sara Raasch

Snow Like Ashes #2

If life had not come in the way, I would have read this in one sitting. It was absolutely amazing. I have read many reviews and people seem to be really divided about this book. But as far as I am concern, I preferred Ice Like Fire to Snow Like Ashes!

Meira and her company traveled to different Rhythms/Seasons, which was great because you get to know these people and their traditions. The other Kingdoms are really different from Winter and that is interesting to see how the Winterians react when meeting these people. And one of them is Ceridwen, and I LOVED her! She is fantastic and mysterious and I can't wait to read more about her (totally going to read Flames Like Vines !)

In this book, Meira really struggled with what she should do and how she should behave. Being the orphan girl fighting with her chakram or being the Queen her kingdom needs? She also has doubts about Theron and she begins to hide things from him. To sum up, she is a bit lost. But she's determined and she knows what's best for her people. I really love her character, and chakram is one of the most bad-ass weapon ever (I've always found them so cool). I need more battle scenes and I guess there will be some in the next one...

I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to Snow Like Ashes #3!