Top 5 Wednesday was created by gingerreadslainey, check out her channel!
This week's topic is of course: Halloween recommendations!
I do not really read a lot of horror/creepy books, but here are some of the ones that kind of scared me or that I think had a creepy atmosphere.
5. Coraline by Neil Gaiman: I read this as a child and it was really creepy. I re-read it this summer and I liked the atmosphere of this book, it is not really scary but it has a Halloween-feeling.
4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: creepy pictures, tragic story and dark atmosphere. Really amazing!
3. Dracula by Bram Stoker: nothing better for Halloween than this classic vampire story. I am currently reading it and it is really scary.
2. The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories by Tim Burton: beautiful, gloomy and dark. And also really funny, Tim Burton is a genius.
1. 172 hours on the moon by Johan Harstad: I read this last year and it still haunts me sometimes. It was really one of the scariest books I've ever read.
Halloween recs are more than welcome !