SPOILER ALERT!

Queen of Shadows - Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #4)

Queen of Shadows - Sarah J. Maas

This is not going to be an easy review. I honestly do no really know what to say because this book really blew my mind.

Nothing new: Celaena is still a bad-ass (maybe even more than before), Manon is still a crazy twisted witch who wants to kill everybody that do not obeys her and Rowan is, well Rowan.

What's new: so many new characters!!

Warning, this review contain A LOT OF SPOILERS!!

The beginning of the book was kind of slow and it took me one week to read this book, which is not usual for me (especially with a sequel I've been dying to read like this!). I did not really like Aelin at this time of the book, I did not know what to think about Chaol etc. It was frustrating.

Then, I read the other part of the book in like two days because it was getting more and more interesting. There are so much new information, so many new characters, this is insane!

Like in Heir Of Fire, I really liked Manon's story. And it was even more interesting in this one. This fight between Aelin and Manon is crazy, I did not want either of them to die. Even if I prefer Aelin, Manon is such an interesting and great character. Yeah, she is a killer, she is a crazy wicked witch but then, isn't Aelin kind of crazy as well? Anyway, I was really happy about the outcome of this fight. Everything that happened between the witches and Vernon/Duke Perrington & Co made me so anxious. I really liked the Thirtheen and I did not want anything bad to happen to them.

Elide, Lyssandra, Kaltain, Nesryn... so many bad-ass women in here! The outcome of Kaltain really surprised me, I was not expecting that at all. Lyssandra is one of my new favourite characters, she is funny and she will do anything to protect those she love, just like Aelin.

Rowan is still Rowan... Have I already said how much I like him? Nothing to add.

Aedion is great, though he is not well developed and we do not know much about him. I really hope we'll get to know him better in the next book.

Then there is Dorian. So many feelings... I was afraid for him and I am not sure I wanted him to survive. I mean, he would certainly have been happier dead. Is he really going to survive this, make a new life? Be a good King? I have no idea.

I am really happy about what happened to all the characters, and I can't wait to know what's next in their adventure.

All this shadowfire-ValgPrinces-Erawandemon stuff is so creepy and it scared me a lot. Will Aelin be a good Queen of Terrassen? What will happen with the Fae realm, what about Maeve? Is Lorcan really who he pretends to be? What will happen to Elide? And the Thirtheen? Aaaargh, so many things I want to know!!

Have you read it? what did you think?