Top 5 Wednesday; Required Reading

No and Me - Delphine de Vigan, Vigan Home - Toni Morrison Madame Bovary - Mark Overstall, Malcolm Bowie, Margaret Mauldon, Gustave Flaubert Fear and Trembling - Amélie Nothomb, Adriana  Hunter Germinal - Roger Pearson, Émile Zola

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingerreadslainey, check out her Youtube channel if you do not know her already :)

I've heard about Top 5 Wednesday a long time ago but I never decided to do it, so let's start now ! I think this is a really cool idea and this topic inspired me a lot.

Here are my 5 favourite books that I had to read for school:

5. No et Moi by Delphine De Vigan (French): I had to read this book in Secondary school (when I was 13 I guess), and I really loved it! I should re-read it soon.

4. Home by Toni Morrison: I had to read this book last year for my "Cilivisation anglaise" classes. It was my first Toni Morrison book and it was amazing. It was such an intense book with a really interesting topic. The writing style is beautiful.

3. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (French): I had to read this book in my first year at university for my literature classes. A lot of my friends really hated this book, but I thought it was brilliant.

2. Stupeur et Tremblements by Amélie Nothomb (French): this is one of my favourite book of all time. Not because I loved the book (well yeah I did enjoy it, but it's not my favourite of Nothomb), but because this book made me discover this amazing author. Since that, I've read (almost) all of her books and this woman introduced me to the world of books! (HP and Hunger Games made me discover YA and Fantasy, but Amélie Nothomb really made me want to read BOOKS in general).

1. Germinal by Emile Zola (French): I had to read Zola in my last year of secondary school, and my classmates were not really happy about that. If you have never read Zola, his books are huge and full of details (he's a Naturalist). And let me tell you, I stayed up an entire night to read this book, I was amazed by his work, his writing etc. He describes the society in such a honest and beautiful way. I think it is one of my favourite books of all time.

What are you favourite required reading?