The Cage

The Cage - Megan Shepherd

The Cage is the story of teenagers locked up in a kind of alien zoo. I know, this sounds weird. But this whole idea was brilliant, I liked the fact that the aliens do not see humans as intelligent because they are not able to use telepathic communication, like we do not see animals as intelligent because they do not have the ability to speak. This is exactly the same thing. Also, these teenagers were not really happy about the way they were treated, they felt treated as if they were animals. But really, what is the difference between these aliens locking humans up and using them for entertainment, and us, humans, locking animals up and using them for entertainment ? (This is only my interpretation of the book)

This is basically what I liked the most about this book, I was not too fond of the characters and I could not really connect with any of them. I did not really care about what happened to them in the end.

It was a bit too slow at some point and I had difficulty focusing on the audiobook. But the end was more interesting and I wanted to know what was going to happen. I enjoyed listening to this book!

Have you read this book? What did you think of it?