January wrap-up

- Saga #1 by Brian K. Vaughan

- Everblue by Brenda Pandos

- The Giver by Lois Lowry

- Panic by Lauren Oliver

- Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

- An abundance of Katherines by John Green

I wanted to read more in the month of January but at least I completed my TBR pile!

Snow Like Ashes

Kingdom of Winter's citizens are enslaved. They have no monarch and no magic. Meira is one of the only survivors who hoped to restore their Kingdom by stealing back Winter's magic. She is trying to find the locket which will restore Winter's magic.

I loved this book. It was a bit different from the things I usually read, even if the plot was not that original. But I find the idea of the different Seasons really brilliant.
I love the characters, Meira is really interesting.
With a bit of romance, but not too much for those tired of it. Waiting for the next book !

Saga

Saga is the story of Alana and Marko. Even if they come from two different worlds at war with one another, they fell in love and have a baby. People from their respective worlds try to capture them...

WOW ! I had heard so many great things about this, I was scared that this would not be as good as I thought. But it was even better than what I expected.

The illustrations are outstanding, the characters are so unique, the plot is original... And this is hilarious ! It made me laugh a lot. I definitely recommend this graphic novel.

Everblue

Ashlyn and her best friend Tatiana, are making plans to leave their hometown and go to college together. But then Tatiana does not come back and nobody knows where the family has gone.

At first, I thought I would not like this book, but decided to give it a try. It turned out it was a really fun read.

The romance was a bit cheesy and I did not relate to any of the characters, because well , they are young teenagers. And I find them kind of stupid sometimes. But Ash reminded me a bit of myself when I was much younger.

Still, the plot is interesting and it was fun to read. I would recommend this book to teenagers.

The Giver

Panic

I love Lauren Oliver's writing. This book was not fantastic but I enjoyed reading it. The challenges in the game are sometimes really crazy, it made me so anxious ! It was difficult to connect with the characters because we do not really have access to their thoughts, but it was amazing to see how the game destroys every one of them...
It also shows that people would do anything to get out of their crappy life. And at the end, it also shows that escaping your crappy hometown would not make you happier or anything. You just have to make the most of what you already have.

Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe

This book is the story of Aristotle and Dante, two young guys that everything oppose. Still, Ari and Dante are going to find the truth of their lives and discover who they really want to be.

Amazing story about love, friendship, family... About a boy trying to discover who he is and who he wants to be. A boy who does not want to grow up.

the story was so real, dealing with everyday-life stuff. Slow paced, but it only seems more real in the end. I loved the writing. I loved everything about this book.

An Abundance of Katherines

I expected more of this book. I did not enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. But it is still a really great book, funny and beautiful. It just did not work for me.

I also started reading Nana by Emile Zola in the month of January and I hope to finish it in February, but it is a long book. I love Zola because I love learning how people used to live before.

What have you read in January ?