December wrap up

- Home by Toni Morrison

- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

- The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke

- The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke

I did not read as many books as I would have like.

Falling Man - Don DeLillo

I had heard so many great things about DeLillo and particularly about Falling Man. I had already read Americana but I did not like it at all, I decided to give a second chance to DeLilo. I was disappointed by this book. I am not particularly fond of DeLillo's writing style. It was difficult to follow as the author switches from character to character all the time. But I still enjoy reading it, the topic is really interesting.

(I gave this book 2.5/5 stars)

The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien

It was a re-read. I really wanted to read it again before seeing the last part of the movie. Tolkien is such a brilliant writer, Bilbo is so interesting and funny. I like Tolkien's characters: small people accomplishing great things without knowing it, without feeling too proud about it. I liked the movie as well, but I did not love it. It was just a movie like any other movie and it did not reflect Tolkien's universe. As a movie, I liked it, As an adaptation of the Hobbit, I was disappointed.

(I gave this book a 5/5 stars)

Home - Toni Morrison

I read this really quickly, I did not want to stop reading. This book was really intense, with a really interesting topic. I had to read this for university and I did not expect this at all. I really enjoyed it.

(I gave this book a 4/5 stars)

The Infinite Sea - Rick Yancey

This book was really similar to the first one, the 5th wave. I really enjoyed reading it. I liked the fact that we have sometimes exactly the same scene but told by different characters. We have different pov's and we learn more about the life of the other characters and what happened to them during the first waves. I really want to know what is going to happen next. I liked book that surprises me like this one, I was not expecting that at all.

(I gave this book 4/5 stars)

The Assassin's Curse and The Pirate's Wish - Cassandra Rose Clarke

This book is about Ananna, a pirate girl, who has to marry a captain's son from another pirate's clan. But she does not want to marry him so she ran away. Assassins are after her to kill her and she saved the life of Naji, an assassin. Naji is now going to protect her.

I liked this duology. It was a fun read, but a bit slow at the beginning. I did not like it as much as I thought I would. I loved the characters though, Ananna is really cool and she's a really good narrator. The Manticore is also really cool and really funny.

I liked the conclusion of the story, it was not a happily-ever-after ending, but it was not sad either. These books are full of magic and I was not expecting that at all.

(I gave the assassin's curse 2.5/5 stars and the pirate's wish 3/5 stars)